Thursday, October 12, 2006

Some Clarity

This is just a short post to clear some things up. First off, Katie and I are going to need to set up a meeting with both Dr. Reid and Dr. Stearns ASAP. Lloyd would like to have our blog up and running by the middle of next week. I sent Dr. Reid an e-mail, and hopefully we’ll be able to decide on a meeting time, and place, by early next week. So, as for our project, all we have to do, as of right now, is figure out how to actually set up the blog, and then publish our first posts. I’m going to have mine finished by tomorrow, and then I will send them over to Lloyd so that he can look them over.

Dr. Stearns mentioned in a previous comment on my blog that she was concerned about Lloyd looking over our posts. I would agree with her in saying that this would not be a true blog if he is ‘correcting’ or ‘looking over’ our work. When he was talking about it, he mentioned that he was correcting only grammar, and other technical issues (such as street names, etcetera). These are thing that we could talk about in our meeting.

As for the event tonight, I plan on attending. There is one slight problem. I work during this time, and, hopefully, I will be able to get out early so that I can attend. I think the 40 below event is a great idea, and I really hope I will be able to be there. Unfortunately it was work the held me back from getting to the Open House last week; let’s just hope that doesn’t happen again.

One other, small, issue that I’ve noticed is that it is harder than I first imagined to find content for the Downtown Project. (Writing the words ‘Downtown Project’ reminds me that I want to update that wiki page). I started writing an introductory post, talking about myself and my relationship to Cortland— that’s going pretty well. But, after that, I’m hoping that going to the events will help ‘inspire’ me with some new content to write about.

That’s about everything that I wanted to clear up. Oh, yeah…don’t worry about Lily Dr. Stearns; I assure you that she is happier than she would be anywhere else. We give her a lot of love, and meal worms! I understand your concern about bringing a wild animal into a domesticated setting. But, it might be good for you to know that Lily isn’t a true hedgehog per say. She is actually a domesticated hedgehog, a “…hybrid of the white bellied or four-toed hedgehog and the Algerian Hedgehog” (Wikipedia.org). And, now that I understand the true purpose of a wiki, rather than me writing all about the domesticated hedgehog, I figured I could just let you look at the wiki page: here. After you are done reading this over, I’m sure that you will be able to see that Lily is going to be just fine with us! She won’t get more love and attention anywhere else!

OK, that’s it for now folks. Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ray, where are you with the project as of today?

What are Lloyd's expectations?

Did you go to the 40 Below event??

I think there's lots to blog about but you have to be able to get around and talk to people in Cortland.

Take Lily. She's a great conversation starter.

I admit I would not have checked out the wikipedia definition of the domesticated hedgehog without you Ray. Thank you!

I was disgusted to catch a few minutes of "Amazing Race" last night and see some team trussing up an alligator--what for? For entertainment? How would they like to be trussed up and terrified. I didn't stick around to see what the stunt was for--didn't want to.

I'm glad Lily is in good hands.

K